Aug 22, 2009

1st Ramadhan Dinner

Finally I'm able to rest after putting my daughter to sleep. Alhamdullillah I have manage to pull through tho my gastric have been acting up again.

Its been tuff when comes to selecting food especially when comes to breaking fast. Thts when you starting to crave for all sorts of food after fasting for the whole day eg myself, Im craving for cold coke.. :p Honestly I have few ideas for today menu eg chicken pie, mee bandung etc. Well I have decided to browse around at blogspot & decided to pay a visit to Mat Gebu site. Thks to his numerous foodie choice. I have decided to try out his Mee Udang Tomato. It looks appetizing matter of fact it is delicious. My other half & daughter loves it. They thot its Mee Bandung.

But to those who into spicy food, they will need to add more chili paste as this is not spicy @ all. Well let look into the recipe from Mat Gebu .



Prawn Tomato Noodle (Mee Udang Tomato)

Ingredients:

Yellow noodle, blanch it for 30sec (I added rice noodle as an additional)

300g medium size prawns

1 pkt of fish balls (not in the actual recipe)

3 whole potatoes (250g), boil & mash it

¾ cup tomato sauce ( I used ½ cup)

1 1/2 tbsp chilli sauce ( I add 1 tbsp more)

1 tbsp oyster sauce

1 tbsp brown sugar (I used normal sugar)

2 cubes of chicken stock/1 litre chicken stock

1 ½ tbsp chili paste (I add 2 tbsp)

Salt to taste

5 eggs (depends on how many ppl)

2 handful of chinese white stem veg ( I use mustard leaves)


To be blended:

2 red onions

3 cloves garlic

1 thin slice of ginger

3 tbsp dried small shrimp, soak for 10mins & drain it


Garnishing:

Spring onions

Fried shallots

Beancurd, fry & slice (omitted in my dish)


Directions:

Heat the wok & fry the blended paste till fragrant. Then throw in the chili paste & fry till the oil pools around it. Add in the oyster sauce, tomato sauce, chili sauce & mix well. Cook them for a abt 5-10mins then add in the chicken stock & bring it to boil. Once its boiling, add in the mash potatoes, salt & sugar. Bring it to boil again.

How to serve the noodle:

Heat another wok with the amt of gravy for individual needs & bring it to boil. Add in the prawn & veggie. Once its cooked, break 1 egg & let it cook for a few mins. Its depends how do you prefer your egg in the noodle.


Fill in an empty boil with the amt of noodles that you wan before you pour the hot gravy on top of it. Garnish it with spring onions & fried shallots.

Note: If you love spiciness, you can add more chili paste. Mash potatoes acts like a thickening agent instead of using corn flour. As for the veggies, it depends on individual preferences.



0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com