Jan 30, 2012

I'm back...

Wow... It's been a very long time since I was here.. Well been pretty busy wif like n family.. Ooh yes... By God Grace, I hv safely delivered my lovely baby Nadya Shereen 2 mths ago.. She been keeping me busy since then however I tried to slot in some baking/cooking in between..

Oh well... Since dearest hubby been requesting for Kuih Keria, I've decided to tryout a recipe which been shared by dearest facebook friend.

Some of u must be asking what is kuih keria.. Ooh well, it's a malay form of donut, simply made from sweet potatoes wif lil flour n coated wif sugar to gv the additional sweetness.. It's normally served during breakfast or tea time wif a cup of hot tea or coffee.. Wow it simple compliments each other.

Here I'm sharing the recipe for a tryout.



KUIH KERIA aka Sweet Potato Donut

Ingredients :

500 gm sweet potatoes ~ boil & mash
6 - 8 tbsp all purpose flour
Pinch of salt
Oil for frying

Sugary Coating
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

Caranya :

1. a bowl, mix the mash sweet potatoes, flour & salt, mix it well till it form a soft dough.
2. Shape it like a donut.
3. Fry it till golden brown..
4. Sugary coating: In a pan, mix water & sugar. cook it till its abit thick.
5. Coat the fried sweet potatoes well wif the sugar..

Happy trying = )

-Yours truly-

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com